Santander Consumer Finance commenced trading on 1 August 2005.
It is a wholly owned subsidiary of Santander UK plc, part of the Santander Group.
With some 25 million customers and over 24,000 employees Santander has deep roots in the UK, its banking division having brought together the former Abbey, Alliance & Leicester and Bradford & Bingley businesses.
- Santander Consumer (UK) plc is a member of the Finance & Leasing Association. We meet all of the standards set out in their Lending Code, a copy of which is available upon request. The Finance & Leasing Association also provides an impartial guide to motor finance at www.financingyourcar.org.uk.
- As an organisation we are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority in respect of agreements regulated by the Consumer Credit Act 1974 and for general insurance mediation activity. Our Authorised Firm Reference Number is 444327. You can check this on the Financial Conduct Authority’s Register by visiting the FCA’s website www.fca.org.uk/register or by contacting the FCA on 0800 111 6768.
- Some of our services are also covered by the Financial Ombudsman’s Scheme. For details please see www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk.
Treating customers fairly
Santander Consumer Finance is regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and follows their six guiding principles for treating customers fairly:
- Outcome 1Consumers can be confident that they are dealing with firms where the fair treatment of customers is central to the corporate culture.
- Outcome 2Products and services marketed and sold in the retail market are designed to meet the needs of identified consumer groups and are targeted accordingly.
- Outcome 3Consumers are provided with clear information and are kept appropriately informed before, during and after the point of sale.
- Outcome 4Where consumers receive advice, the advice is suitable and takes account of their circumstances.
- Outcome 5Consumers are provided with products that perform as firms have led them to expect, and the associated service is of an acceptable standard and as they have been led to expect.
- Outcome 6Consumers do not face unreasonable post-sale barriers imposed by firms to change product, switch provider, submit a claim or make a complaint.
For information on Motor 2014-1 plc or Motor 2015-1 plc, including loan level data, investor reports and transaction documents please visit EuroABS.com, where a cash-flow model is also available. For any questions relating to Motor transactions and securitisation please contact our Head of Securitisation at: SCUK_Investors@santanderconsumer.co.uk.
Santander Consumer Finance is a trading style of Santander Consumer (UK) plc.
Registered office: Santander House, 86 Station Road, Redhill, Surrey, RH1 1SR.
Registered in England and Wales.
Company registration number: 2248870. VAT registration number: 466264724.