Santander Consumer Finance for everyone
We want to make sure everyone can access the products and services we offer. This includes customers with sight loss or visual impairment, and those who have difficulty with hearing or speech.
Our website is designed to be as accessible as possible
- We make sure that navigation through the site works in a consistent way
- We use standard web fonts and large font sizes to make it easy to read
- We never use colour as the only way to convey information
- We provide a high contrast mode (press tab to activate)
You can change the website’s text size and font type using your internet browser
If you find that the words on our websites are too small, or difficult to read because of the font they’re in, you can change them. How you do this depends on which browser you’re using.
- For Internet Explorer: open ‘Tools’, choose ‘Internet Options’, go to ‘General’ then ‘Fonts’ or ‘Colours’
- For Firefox: open ‘Options’, choose the ‘Content’ tab, then ‘Fonts’ or ‘Colours’
- For Chrome: click on the customise button to the right of the browser bar, go to ‘Settings’, scroll down to ‘Web content’ and you’ll see the option to change font size
Using Adobe Acrobat
You’ll need Adobe Acrobat to view and print some of our documents which are in PDF format. Adobe’s website can help if you’d like to read PDF documents with a screen reader
Get in touch
If you have any questions or suggestions about anything to do with accessibility please get in touch by phoning us on 0800 085 1759, 8.00am to 6:30pm Monday to Friday or 9.00am to 1:30pm on Saturdays.
You can also email us at email@example.com.
Use SignVideo to contact us using BSL
You can now contact us using British Sign Language (BSL) through SignVideo, which connects you with a qualified and registered interpreter, who will interpret the conversation through to one of our advisors.
How do I start using SignVideo?
SignVideo is available Monday to Friday, 8am to 6pm and supported on the following operating systems:
- iOS devices (8 or upwards), many Android devices (4.4 upwards), PC (i3 or above) or Mac with a webcam
- IE 9-11 or Firefox (for Windows), Safari for Mac
- Bandwidth of at least 256 kbp/s upload and download (384 kbp/s recommended)
The first time you use SignVideo you’ll be asked to install technology called a plug-in on your computer. It will help with the video quality and make sure your calls are secure. You only need to do this once.
If you’d like to learn about SignVideo in BSL, here’s a helpful sign language video:
How does it work?
Clicking on the SignVideo logo below will take you to a new window, where you’ll be connected by secure video link to a fully qualified and registered SignVideo interpreter. Let them know you want to speak to Santander Consumer Finance.
Please make sure you have any details you might need before connecting to this service. You’ll need details of your finance agreement to identify yourself to us and it’ll help you get through to the right person quickly.
Things to be aware of:
This service is available for all account servicing, and we’ll be able to help with many of your day to day queries and transactions.
Remember, please be cautious with your account details. The interpreter will help deal with your request in a safe and secure way.
Your video call is relayed in real time using secure technology, however we may record the voice conversation between your interpreter and Santander Consumer Finance for quality and monitoring purposes.
If you need help:
For troubleshooting or technical guidance about SignVideo, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org