The COVID-19 pandemic has disrupted all of us over the last few months, changing the way we approach our daily routine as we start to adapt to the new normal.
We want to assure you our priority still remains the same, to ensure the welfare and safety of our employees whilst continuing to provide services to both dealers and customers. We are continuously reviewing our working practices in line with advice and direction from the government and health organisations.
We are working hard to ensure that we are able to speak to customers that really need our assistance during these unprecedented times and we would like to thank you for your continued patience and understanding. We want to assure you that we are doing everything we can to support all of our customers during this difficult and unsettling period.
We have created this page which will be updated regularly to keep you updated with any changes to our services which may affect you over the coming weeks/months.
Please note that we at Santander Consumer Finance only manage Motor Finance agreements, for help with any other types of finance from Santander please click here:
If you have already received assistance from us but are still experiencing difficulties as a result of COVID-19, there may be additional help available:
Managing your loan and accessing Information
If you need to contact us and your problem is not urgent, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will aim to respond within 7 working days.
To assist us we would kindly ask you only call our contact centre if your problem is urgent, this will enable us to prioritise the most vulnerable customers.
Opening hours: Monday to Friday – 9am to 5pm
I have been impacted by COVID-19 – what help is available to me?
- Getting in touch out of hours
- I am a frontline member of staff and unable to get through to your call centre due to your opening hours, how can I get in contact?
We apologise that you have been unable to contact us during this time. Please email details of your enquiry to email@example.com
Please note an authorised third party will be able to discuss your agreement but will be unable to make any changes.
- Returning my vehicle
- What is Voluntary Termination?
Under the Consumer Credit Act 1974, you have the right to end any regulated Hire Purchase or Conditional Sale agreement once you’ve paid 50% of the total amount payable, this figure is shown on your original agreement in the ‘Your Rights’ section in the terms and conditions. If you are in arrears on your agreement, you will still be liable for those too.
For all voluntary terminations (VT's) you are obliged to take reasonable care of the vehicle, this means any repairs to damage such as dents/scratches must be paid for as well as mechanical work such as replacement of defective items such as tyres, exhausts, brakes and clutches.
Please click here for more information on Voluntary Terminations.
- How can I Voluntarily Terminate my agreement?
- If you wish to voluntarily terminate (VT) your agreement please email VoluntaryTermination@santanderconsumer.co.uk.
- What happens if I am struggling to pay the balance of my Voluntary Termination?
- We understand your circumstances may have changed, so if you are unable to pay the full liability at once, our Recoveries Department will look at agreeing an affordable arrangement with you.
- How long will it take to collect my vehicle?
Our collection agents are still collecting vehicles at present and your vehicle should be collected within 2 weeks.
The vehicle must remain insured and road legal until collected by our agents.
- What precautions are in place for when you collect my vehicle?
- Our collections agents are trained and equipped with the appropriate personal protective equipment to collect the vehicles while complying with the government COVID-19 social distancing rules.
- I am self-isolating, but my vehicle is due for collection, what should I do?
If you are in a period of self-isolation as you believe you have or may have been exposed to COVID-19, please advise our agent when they call to arrange collection of the vehicle.
If you have already scheduled a collection and have since gone into self-isolation, please notify the agent collecting your vehicle as soon as possible.
- Contract Hire questions (if your Agreement starts with S,M,V or G)
- I have been financially impacted by COVID-19, what can you do to help?
If you have been financially impacted by COVID-19, we may be able to offer you additional support, this is dependent upon your circumstances and eligibility.
To request additional help please contact us on the details below:
Santander Consumer Finance Contract Hire (Agreement number starts SC or SR):
Telephone: 0330 134 8751
Mazda Financial Services Contract Hire (Agreement starts MC or MR):
Telephone: 0370 732 4060
Volvo Car Financial Services (Agreement starts with VC or VR):
Telephone: 0800 0851 322
MG Motor Financial Service (Agreement starts with GC or GR):
Telephone: 0330 123 4341
Calls to 0800 numbers from UK landlines and mobiles are free, calls to 0330 & 0370 numbers cost no more than calls to geographic numbers (01 or 02) and are included in inclusive minutes and discount schemes in the same way.
- My Hire agreement is coming to the end of term, what happens to my car?
We will be in contact with you to arrange collection of your vehicle.
Whilst awaiting collection the vehicle must remain insured, roadworthy, parked safely and securely and not driven.
- What if my MOT is due?
- Government extension for MOTs expired on 31st July 2020, all vehicles must be returned with a valid MOT.
- My vehicle is due a service. What should I do?
You must ensure that the vehicle is serviced according to the manufacturer’s schedule. If a service is delayed or missed it may affect the vehicle’s warranty. You must ensure the vehicle is serviced in line with the manufacturer’s routine maintenance requirements. Failure to do so could result in an invalidated warranty which will lead to a penalty charge being made to you.
All servicing work must be completed by a franchise dealer (the same franchise as the vehicle marque) and not an independent garage or a further penalty charge will be applied.
- How do I apply for additional help?
Impact on Santander Consumer Finance
We have business contingency plans in place across all areas of our business, this has enabled us to continue operating with the majority of teams working from home.
During the current pandemic, we are continuously working to ensure our plans remain relevant and robust.
We are also continuing to monitor events closely, following the guidance from relevant authorities including the World Health Organisation and the UK Government.